Stupid questions kids ask whilst watching something...

Dad and Monty fashioning the 'Death Star'...
All in all we have had a particularly mild Summer, rainy, grey and erring on the lethargic style. As a result, rather than playing gaily outside 24/7 till the kids fall over with tiredness, we have had many indoor activities on the go.  We have made (and eaten) some kind of biscuits almost every single day, thus today I thought I’d ask Monty if he wanted to make them on his tod, he looks delighted at this suggestion. He initially installs himself at the table and clicks his fingers going ‘er mum, the bowl?’ and ‘mum, the chocolate?’ till I stop him in his tracks and let him know that he is doing them by himself  therefore, get off your little bottom and get it all for yourself. That way, at least if I ever get eaten by a bear unexpectedly in the garden, and Alex befalls a similar fate, I know they will be at least capable of surviving on chocolate chip cookies till help arrives…I did offer a bit of help, but generally left him to it, I did not need to remind him of any of the ingredients, quantities nor how and when to mix each one in, clever boy! *proud mummy moment*. The cookies were delicious! He did such a good job bless him. So, if Alex and I do get eaten by bears, the kids can get by on their own homemade omlettes and cookies.





Mitzi, tonight at bed time, gives me kibses and butterfly kibses; when you flutter your eyelashes on the other persons' hand…she does this to my hand tonight and the stubby slightly prickly butterfly kibs I receive gets me wondering…Closer inspections reveal that Mitzi Moo has chopped off her own eyelashes, to the root. Normally, Mitzi, I refer to as ‘ostrich eyes’ not that necessary to spell out why, and so the eyelashes she has hacked off to stubs are quite …different.  I am somewhat shocked and go to tell her off as, on a Health and Safety level, she could have had her eye out…I relent, however before I even get ‘firm voice’ revved up, she’s devastated, I think the lesson is already learned. I tell Alex this evening what she has managed to do, and he asks me ‘You did tell her they grow back, didn’t you?’ but, no, I didn’t, I forgot, bad mothering that, forgetting to reassure your child their lashes would grow back. I shall do tomorrow.


Camping....in the garden, too glamorous, our own matresses and everything...

This evening we watched STAR WARS! Why does everyone insist on  SHOUTING the title, like at the TOP of their voices too, when it comes up on the screen? I try and join in, but am the sad geek in the corner who shouts it just a little bit after the others, and ends up out of sync, shouting it all on my own…Alex had beavered away with Monty all afternoon making the ‘Death Star’ out of cornflakes boxes and loo rolls, Monty is mad about Star Wars and so tonight, as he had baked us all the cookies, we had one after tea, and in front of STAR WARS! I was on answering the ‘stupid questions kids ask whilst watching something’ duty, playing farms with Esmie, who WILL not (and MY GOD we have tried/bribed/forced/scelotaped her to the sofa to get her to) watch television, and taking a seat in the hairdressers for Lola an Mitzi to do my hair. My god, it was painful. My poor brian (not editing this typo, we all have one!) and scalp, must have been wondering wtf was going on up there. Eyes streaming, head being yanked in every direction known to kiddie hairdressing land, hair ragged, hair pulled out in giant clumps and ‘oops sorry mummys' ensue. It’s a good lesson in self control though, anyone else doing that to me would get a slap! But I sit there, sporadically wincing in deep pain, replying to their ‘Am I doing it alright, mummy?’ requests with ‘ooooh yes, sweetheart *ooowww in the name of…Sweet Jesus someone make this stop* you’re doing it beautifully, thank you’…


Phwoooaaar, check put you Do, Kylie...I have one just like it...

I am sat here now, sore headed, probably bleeding out of most hair follicles on my head, and looking like a cheap version of the front cover of Kylie Miniogue’s ‘I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky’ record. But at least everyone had fun! That’s all that counts (kinda). Tomorrow Mitzi and Esmie have a friend each coming to play, 2 of my friend’s girls are coming to play from dawn till dusk. So I will let you know how the 5 girls and 1 boy turns out…





See you tomorrow, Tamsyn x

Comments

Old posts