Dear Alex, Five Things I have Learned this Week...



My very amazing friend/support/P.A...the list goes on and on! superamazingmum visited with her gang the other day for a sleep over (let's wait a while till we do that one again hey Soph?). Apart from much confusion over many shared kids' names, it was general 'kid's rule, mums are rubbish and powerless!' bedlam, sheer mayhem, but we made it to bed time, the final ones being driven in a car to put them to sleep around 10 o'clock..desperate times and all that, and we needed some 'Kid free' time.

So kids off, we get nattering, and natter we can both do and very well, she suggested to me that I took up my '10 Things I have Learned From this Week' blog again. To help me see the positive things, refer back week-by-week to all I am learning throughout this experience. And I thought it was a brill idea (you're so clever Soph!).

However I am making a few modifications- I am going for 5 things! As I want to try and put clear and positive things up where I can.

So here it restarts...

March 20th 2012



1. To be more than grateful for every tiny thing in life. Whether it be a little email just to let you know someone's thinking of you, or a gesture of kindness, or the beautiful daffodils blooming everywhere reminding us of Spring and new life...

2. To always say 'thank you'- how nice is it when someone smiles and says 'thank you'!

3. Do not get caught up so intensely in your own life that you forget to look out for others. Whether your life is going well or badly, always try to 'branch out' just that tiny bit.

4. Ghandi was quoted saying 'your Christ, I like, your Christians, I do not like, they do not resemble your Christ'. To me, whether you believe Jesus existed or not, that's irrelevant, because who he represented, the things he did, who he was, HOW he was, is certainly someone to emanate, his teachings something to aspire to...

5. It is hard, sometimes nigh on impossible to hope, brushing away what you are told and reaching again for the hope, but ESSENTIAL and I will never ever give this up...

Comments

Old posts