Dear Alex, Evenings with you...

22nd March 2013


Dear Alex,

Afternoon helping out at school, I collect the nine children coming home with me tonight and set off on a frantic walk home with all nine of them, thankfully one is in a pushchair! The kids have various friends round, one of them a sleepover.

It's cakes I baked yesterday and drinks for the apparent starving children. Then they all decide to play, whilst I rush around confiscating recorders when I just couldn't take any more, and hiding batteries from noises toys, they have plenty to amuse them without deafening me in the process!

I'm happy tonight and anticipate your return. I've checked taxis are booked so there will be no mishaps, I've moved furniture out the way and cooked sweet potato wedges, with garlic and onions, made humous and chickpea burgers, a meal we haven't eaten together since living in France.

Just five kids left upstairs now, two sleep, three have a midnight feast at 9 pm! My legs rest across yours on the sofa, blanket covers us for warmth and you sing along to Bob Marley. And I laugh with you and you have hold of my leg in your hand, and I'm overwhelmed with love.

Still not much news on the house front, still nothing I can do. There's a few avenues being investigated, I must just sit tight for now, not usually my nature so I am finding it hard.

I must get the three remaining awake kids to sleep now!

And then we can carry on listening to 'Redemption song' which, when I tell you it's my favourite Bob Marley song, you tell me it isn't yours, it used to be, but you love all his songs now. You express opinion, memory, we are in for a lovely evening!

I love you honey.


Me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Old posts