Dear Alex, Triggers.




Dear Alex,


Gales have blown, still bow, a trip to Asda later mentally scheduled to gather up some more Winter warmers, as the ice cold winds cut through your whole being. Refreshed and red cheeked, I shut the door on the wind outside and unleash Oliver from his lead. Fetching him a treat I flick on the gas under the kettle on the stove. I can go nowhere without having had my morning coffee, and today I am excited, so looking forward to seeing you.

I think about how much you not being here during the week has changed things.

Home at the weekends, I get to pamper you, spoil you with love and affection, the kids are happy to have you home and crawl all over you. During the week I am able on the Tuesday and Thursday to turn my mind to getting on with the things I need to, various appointments I have with OTs, or arranging things for you. Catching up with plans for you, how you are getting on and writing up from the weekend what I have observed of potential triggers to your behaviour, and this has reached several conclusive triggers- coupled with their documenting at the Care home too, we can see a clear pattern when it comes to hunger, tiredness, noise. At least this can act as a preventative, although there are times when there is no trigger at all, it is encouraging to see there are those times with clear triggers, and they can be prevented.

It all feels like, at the moment, with where you are, the picture of you as you are now, is being built up with the right support and input around you to move forward. It feels good, positive. And today you are in a wonderful mood and the biggest surprise to me yet, I do not tell you ONCE, not even once to keep your head up! Physically you seem to be progressing almost on a daily basis, with your feet on the plates on your wheel chair, you can push your self up and your body prostrate, leaning your head and shoulders on the back of your chair, you could almost stand from this position...I am so overwhelmed seeing this competence and your mastering physically your body once more, I have such high hopes that you will walk again.

And the best news yet-you have been accepted onto the waiting list for the Centre in Exeter, the Intensive rehab!

I am daring to hope, daring to believe in the impossibles...


That the Most High will carry you, guide you in the dark times, open your eyes...


From your extremely overwhelmed wife,



me xxxxxxxxx


Comments

Old posts