Dear Alex, Two-and-a-Half Years.





Dear Alex,

"Hi babes, it's Alex, how are you?"

How am I? Well, so pleased you asked, I say. I almost wonder if it is someone pretending to be you, your speech so clear, the fact you asked about me!

There is something I cannot put my finger on about how you are. It is almost as if you are bubbling back. Sometimes, still very much not there, but it seems that more often than not, you are.

I heard today that you walked down the hall of the Rehab Centre in a frame!! You have not done this for a year or so. I heard, baby, I was partly devastated I did not get to see it, but the overwhelming knowledge that you had done this has blown me away.

It has been a funny week, I have been feeling so emotional. I think SUnday, when Monty and you had such a healing cuddle and shared some much needed tears together pushed me into a it of an emotional set off. But it is also because I see you doing so well.

It has turned something upside down in me.

I have been waiting for two-and-a-half years honey, TWO-AND-A-HALF years for this. And you seem to be doing so well.

It feels so long anticipated, so hard have I held on to hope and promise form the Most High that he has not finished with you yet, that in seeing you accomplish physical goals, to progress cognitively, my soul beats more slowly, lets go for a bit and witnesses improvement I have only dreamed of until now.

And I fall.

I fall internally, just for a while. Just enough to feel relief, respite, and heal a little.

Healing hurts.

But in a good way, not a raw open sore which festers, but a wound healing slowly, deliberately and carefully.

It heals through pride for you.

It heals through slat tears of relief.


I feel relief, angel.


Me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Old posts